Last Updated: July 10, 2020
We take your privacy seriously, and we want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your information. "Makani Hawaii" means any entity that carries the Makani Hawaii brand, and any of our subsidiaries or divisions.
Your use of any of our sites is subject to the Conditions of Use for that site.
This Policy applies to:
· The Makani Hawaii mobile app.
· Information we collect in Makani Hawaii stores and at other locations and events related the Makani Hawaii Store.
For simplicity, we will call the Makani Hawaii websites and mobile app "digital properties" throughout this policy.
WHAT WE COLLECT
Information you give us
We collect and store information you provide through our digital properties and in our stores.
The information we collect from you includes things like:
· Mailing address
· Email address
· Phone number
· Your My Makani Hawaii ID if you have one
In certain situations, we may also collect things like:
· Driver's license Copy (for example, if your billing address and shipping did not matched)
· Authorization in writing(if you want to ship your order to your friend, mostly for precious material item)
· Location information (such as when you ask us to tell you about nearby stores)
· Demographic and lifestyle information (if you sign up for a registry or birthday list)
· Information(photo) for personalized jewelry(such as the name, message to engrave)
· Your responses to surveys
Information you give us about others
You may give us information about other people, such as the name and address of a gift recipient, or the name and contact information of someone who will pick up items for you at a store(office). We will only use this information for the specific reason you provide it.
Information from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records and identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Information collected automatically online
We collect information about your interactions with us, including the type of device or browser you're using, your IP address, your browsing behavior while on our website, and the URLs of the websites you were at before you visited our site (these are called "referring URLs").
We may permit third party service providers to collect and process some information from our digital properties. We may share personal information with those providers and may have similar arrangements with interest-based advertisers. We provide more information about interest-based ads below.
Our digital properties are not designed to respond to "do not track" requests from browsers.
Some of our digital properties may collect your location to help you search for one of our stores or to use special mobile features within some of our stores. For example, Makani Hawaii works with third parties to provide you helpful messaging in your mobile app when you come to our stores.
In order for any mobile application to identify your location, you must enable location services through your mobile device's settings. If you do not want Makani Hawaii to collect this information or to enable these features, you can turn off location services on your mobile device. Makani Hawaii has no control over your device's settings.
Our stores may use cameras for asset protection and other operational purposes, such as measuring traffic patterns and protecting and improving our business.
Reviews and other content you provide
Our websites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Be aware that anyone who accesses these areas may read, collect, and use the information you provide.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect for things like:
· Identifying you on our websites and our mobile app in order to customize your experience (for example, based on your purchase history or your location)
· Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services, or information
· Processing refunds, returns, and exchanges. Custom make your order.
· Tracking and confirming online orders
· Delivering and installing products
· Managing our My Makani Hawaii program
· Marketing and advertising products and services
· Fraud Prevention, Security & Compliance
· Conducting research and analysis
You can opt out of interest-based advertising from third party providers who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at www.aboutads.info/choices.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Makani Hawaii does not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to third parties. We share your information only in the ways we describe below.
We may combine or share information among current or future Makani Hawaii companies, including affiliates and subsidiaries.
We may share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
· Fulfilling orders and delivering packages
· Scheduling and performing installations
· Servicing products
· Maintaining our My Makani Hawaii program
· Sending Makani Hawaii marketing communications
· Fulfilling subscription services
· Conducting research and analysis
Sometimes we may be required to share personal information for legal reasons, for example, if we are required to do so by a regulation, court order, subpoena or other legal process. We may also share information when we believe it's necessary to comply with the law or to respond to a government request, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect Makani Hawaii, our customers, or others.
We may share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution, or similar event. If such an event takes place, we'll n_otify you through e-mail (if we have your email address) and/or a prominent notice on our applicable website(s) of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us.
· We use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it.
· Our digital properties use encryption technology to protect your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your information, but you can do your part. You should create a strong password and protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer and do not share your password with anyone. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and by using our digital properties you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
You may at any time:
· Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone, and mobile marketing communications
· Update and correct your personal information
· Deactivate your account
· Request removal of information you post on our digital properties. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your content or personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
To do any of these, let us know by one of these methods:
· Follow the directions in a marketing e-mail, direct mail, or mobile communication that you receive from us
· Provide your request and current contact information through one of the contact methods listed under "Contact Us" below.
Please note: Even if we are able to anonymize or make your content or information no longer visible, this does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your content or personal information from the Internet.
PROTECTING CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
We are committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
Makani Hawaii Jewelry & Watch Co
2250 Kalakaua Ave Suite 213
Honolulu HI 96815